#Ask8now – 10 Tips to Creating a Successful Facebook
#Fanpage for Your Local Business- Part 2 Here are 5 more #tips that helps you focus on how you #engage with your fans.
10 Tips to Creating a Successful Facebook Fanpage for Your Local Business- Part 2
In our last article we covered 5 tips to help local business owners create a successful Facebook fanpage. Here are 5 more tips to boost your marketing efforts on this social network. These ones focus on how you engage with your fans.
1. Be Consistent with your participation. This means that you ought to post regular status updates and to post ones that are relevant. Although you can set up automated status updates, it’s best to combine this with real time updates that go with the current tempo of your fan’s discussions. If your posts are far and few between, why would anyone visit your fanpage? By posting at least once a day, your updates will appear in your fan’s newsfeeds and then they will be interested to link to your fanpage and join other fans in their discussions. This will create a lively, interactive fanpage.
2. Create competitions and debates. This is one of the best ways to liven up your fanpage and keep your fans engaged. As you bring out the competitive nature of your fans, you will notice a spike in your comments as fans engage in friendly contests. It also makes your site memorable, because winners of the contests will receive prizes or distinctions that will build a favorable brand image amongst all your fans.
3. Understand your crowd. If you have done your research, you will have a fan base with very specific demographics and personality traits. It is in your best interest to thoroughly understand what appeals to your fans and to be able to speak their language. For example, if your local business is a gaming arcade frequented by a youthful crowd then your choice of words, contests or events and the general theme of your page will differ greatly compared that of a local business that serve seniors.
4. Build Trust You must always develop your brand image as being a local business that people can trust. Your products and services should always be of high standard and you should always maintain ethical business practices. Any indiscretion by your local business will dent your image extremely fast due to the viral nature of Facebook. For example, if you run a pet clinic but also engage in animal cruelty or use banned drugs, you will immediately lose the trust of your fans.
5. Engage and respond – if you expect your fanpage to grow and thrive, you need to keep your fans at the centre of all you do by caring about their opinion. You must participate not just through status updates but also by replying to posts and addressing people by their name. You should also be able to handle negative comments or criticism as diplomatically as you can and this will make your fans respect you more.
If you’re ready to have high-performing, high-yielding paid search management campaigns that exceed your expectations, we’re ready to over-deliver.